2,3,4) An Arabic Qur'an; a book that has been sent down by Allah Who shows great mercy on the earth to all living beings that He created, Who is the possessor of vast mercy as a harbinger of good tidings and a warning for a people who know, whose Ayat have been explained in detail/divided into divisions! Most of them stayed away despite this. They do not heed anymore.
5) And they said: "Our hearts are within a cover for that which you invite us, and in our ears is a heaviness and there is a curtain between you and us. Then you, do what you can, indeed we do".
6,7) Say: "I am only a human like you. I am revealed that 'Your god is the One and the Only God'. Therefore, take a straight path to Him and ask Him for forgiveness". O woe to those who do not give zaqah; the tax that the believers sincerely give as a liability of belief and duty of servitude so that the religion of Allah may be spread, maintained and Salah may be established and those who associate others with Allah who consciously deny/disbelieve in Akhirat [Afterlife]!
8) -Surely, those who believe and do amendatory deeds are the ones for whom will be endless reward.-
9) Say: "Will you really conceal/disbelieve in the One Who formed the earth in two phases? And you attribute to Him equals! He is Rabb of all universes".
10) And He placed firmly set mountains in the earth. He made blessings therein. And He arranged the provisions in four phases equally/without distinction for those who look and ask.
11) Then He established His dominion[#259] in the heavens/universe while it was smoke and said to it and the earth: "Come, willingly or unwillingly!". And both of them said: "We have come willingly".
12) Then Allah made them in two phases as heavens and assigned the work of every heaven within it. We adorned the closest heaven with lanterns and the protection. This is the arrangement of the One Who is the most exalted, the most powerful, the most honorable, the invincible/the subduer, the One Who precludes corruption best/makes incorruptible, knows very well.
13) And if stay away despite this, then say: "I have warned you against a thunderbolt like the thunderbolt of Ad and Thamud".
14) And when the messengers came to them from their front-behind [from all around], saying "Do not worship anyone but Allah!". They said: "Had our Rabb willed, He would have sent down angels. Therefore, we are the ones who deny/disbelieve in that with which you have been sent".
15) As for Ad, they acted arrogantly without right on the earth and said: "Who else is greater than us in strength?". Did they not see that Allah Who formed them was definitely greater than them in strength! And they were consciously denying Our Ayat.
16) Therefore, We sent upon them a freezing storm during those ominous days to make them taste the punishment of disgrace in this simple worldly life. The punishment of Akhirat [Afterlife] is certainly more disgracing. And they will not be helped.
17) And as for Thamud; We guided them to the righteous path. But they liked and preferred blindness over righteous path. Therefore, the thunderbolt of humiliating punishment seized them for that which they earned.
18) And We spared those who believed and entered under the guardianship of Allah.
19) And on the day when enemies of Allah will be gathered, they will be driven to the fire.
20) And when they arrive there, their senses of hearing, sight and their skin will testify against them about that which they did.
21,22,23) And they will say to their own skins: "Why have you testified against us?". They will say: "Allah, the One Who makes everything speak, has made us speak and it is He Who formed you the first time and now you are being returned to Him. And you were not covering yourselves because your senses of hearing, sight and skins would testify against you. And you believed in that Allah would not know many of what you do. This belief of yours; your belief that you had about your Rabb has destroyed you, thus you have become among those who have lost and suffered".
24) And if they continue on the belief of associating others with Allah and denial while they insist, then the fire is the residence for them. And even if they try to make excuse, they are not the ones whose excuse will be accepted.
25) And We made them surrounded by their contemporaries/Iblises like a shell so they made what was before them and what was behind them [all around them] attractive to them. And the "Word"[#260] that was in effect for all former peoples which passed before them was fulfilled upon them. Indeed, they were the ones who lost and suffered.
26) And the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb said: "Do not listen to this Qur'an if you want to prevail, and do trivial things in it/prevent that it should be understood in every way".[#261]
27) And We will make the infidels; those who consciously denied the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb taste a severe punishment. And surely, We will give them as a recompense the worst of the deeds they do.
28) This is the recompense of the enemies of Allah; the fire. For them will be therein is the home of eternity as a recompense for they were those who consciously denied Our Ayat.
29) And those infidels; who consciously denied the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb said: "O our Rabb! Show us those who led us astray from the righteous path of everyone we know or we do not know. We will keep them under our feet so they may be among the lowest".
30,31,32) Surely, those who say, "Our Rabb is Allah" and become righteous; harbinger Ayat continuously descend upon them; "Do not fear, do not grieve. Rejoice on Jannah [Heaven/Paradise] that is promised to you. We are your guide, your helper and protector in the worldly life and in Akhirat [Afterlife]. In Jannah [Heaven/Paradise, there will be for you whatever you desire as an accommodation from the One Who removes the sins of His servants, does not punish them and has much forgiveness, the One Who is the possessor of vast mercy. Whatever you ask will be for you there".
33,34) And who else is better in speech than the one who invites to Allah, does righteous deeds and says: "I am among the Muslims"? And all of the good are not equal; all of the evil are not equal either. Repel evil with the best/the most beautiful of the good. Then the one whom between you and him is enmity will become as if he is very close familiar.
35) Only those who are patient are granted this mature behavior, only the one who has a great share is granted it.
36) If an evil thought coming from satan pokes you, then seek refuge in Allah immediately. Indeed, He is the One Who hears best, knows the most.
37) And the night and the day and the sun and the moon are among His evidences/signs. Do not submit to the sun and the moon. And if you worship only Allah, submit to Allah Who formed them.
38) If they act arrogantly despite this, let them know that those who know their Rabb well always purify Allah for Him from deficiencies and they never become weary.
39) Surely, when you see the earth barren and We send down water upon it; it is among His evidences/signs that it quivers and grows. Surely, the One Who gives life to it will indeed resurrect the dead. Indeed, He is the One Who is competent over everything.
40) Indeed, those who go astray from the truth about Our evidences/signs into denial are not concealed from Us. Then, is the one who will be thrown into the fire better or the one who will come in safety on the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection]? Do whatever you will. Indeed, Allah is the One Who sees best that which you do.
41,42) Surely, those who consciously deny the Reminder/the Qur'an when it comes to them... And surely, that Reminder/Book is sent down by the One Who is the best law maker, the One Who precludes corruption best/makes incorruptible, the One Who is praised, the praiseworthy. It is a noble book to which no falsehood can approach from before it and behind it/from anywhere.
43) Nothing is said to you except what was said to the messengers before you. Indeed, your Rabb is possessor of forgiveness and possessor of a painful punishment.
44) And if We had made that Reminder/the Qur'an in a foreign language, they would definitely have said: "Why are its Ayat not explained in detail? Foreign language or Arabic!". Say: "It is a guidance and a cure for those who believe". And as for those who disbelieve, there is a heaviness in their ears. And that Reminder/the Qur'an is a blindness upon them. They are being called from a very distant place.
45) And surely, We had given Moses the Book but it came under disagreement. If the Word[#262] had not preceded from your Rabb, it would have been concluded between them. And indeed they have disquieting insufficient knowledge concerning this [the Qur'an].
46) Whoever does righteousness, does it for himself. And whoever does an evil deed, it is against him. And your Rabb is not the One Who treats the servants unjustly at all.
47) Knowledge of that hour is attributed only to Allah. No fruit emerges from its covering, no female becomes pregnant and gives birth or has miscarriage without His knowledge. And on the day Allah will call to them: "Where are My partners?". They will say: "We declare to You that there is no witness among us".
48) Those whom they used to worship before will depart from them and vanish. They will understand very well that there is no place of escape for themselves.
49) Man in not weary of supplication for good but when an evil touches him, he is hopeless and despairing.
50) And if We make him taste a mercy from Us after an adversity which has touched him, he will definitely say: "This is my right. And I do not think that the moment of Qiyamat [Resurrection] will come. And if I should be returned to my Rabb, surely there will be the best for me with Him". This is why We will indeed inform the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb about what they did and We will surely make them taste of a harsh punishment.
51) And when We bestow favor upon man, he keeps away and distances himself. But when an evil touches him, he is full of extensive supplication; he calls and invokes.
52) Say: "Have you ever thought? If the Qur'an is from Allah and you concealed this truth... Who could be more astray than the one who is in distant opposition?".
53) We will show them Our evidences/signs in other worlds and within themselves[#263] until it becomes clear that it is the truth. Is it not sufficient that your Rabb is witness over all things?
54) Open your eyes! Indeed they are in doubt about meeting with their Rabb. Open your eyes! Surely Allah is the One Who encompasses all things.