1,2,3) Surely, We have granted you a manifest conquest so Allah may forgive your past and future sins, complete His favor upon you, guide you to the straight path and Allah may help you with a strong victory.[#399]
4) He is the One Who sent down to the hearts of the believers the feelings of trust and tranquility/morale which pacify the heart so they would increase in faith along with their faith. Armies of the heavens/universe and the earth belong only to Allah. And Allah is the One Who knows best, the One Who is the best law maker.
7) Armies of the heavens/universe and the earth belong only to Allah. Allah is One Who is the most exalted, the most powerful, the most honorable, the invincible/the subduer, the best law maker, the One Who precludes corruption best/makes incorruptible.
8,5,6) Surely, We have made you a messenger to be a witness, a harbinger of good tidings and a warner so He may admit believing men and believing women into the gardens of Jannah [Heaven/Paradise], underneath of which rivers flow as the ones who will abide therein eternally and He may remove their evil deeds -this is a great salvation in the sight of Allah-; and He may punish those hypocrite men and hypocrite women who invent evil assumptions about Allah, those men and women who associate others with Him -evil has been upon them. Allah was not pleased with them, has cursed them; has deprived them of His mercy and has prepared Jahannah [Hell] for them. What an evil destination it is!-.[#400]
10) Surely, those who take pledge of loyalty to you actually take pledge of loyalty to Allah. Power; blessings and support of Allah is over their power; support and service. Therefore, whoever breaks his word has broken it only against himself. And whoever fulfills what he has promised to Allah, Allah will give him a great reward immediately.
11) Those among Bedouin Arabs, who have remained behind; who have not come with you, will soon tell you: "Our properties and families occupied/forbade us. Ask Allah for forgiveness for us". They say with their tongues what is not within their hearts. Say: "If Allah intended a harm or a benefit for you, who could prevent Him? Rather, Allah is aware of what you do".
12) You truly thought that the Messenger and the believers would not return to their families/the people close to them forever. This seemed pleasing to your hearts. And you made an evil assumption and became a people manipulated/destroyed.
13) And whoever disbelieves in Allah and His Messenger, let him know that We have prepared a blazing fire for the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb.
14) And the dominion of the heavens/universe and the earth belongs only to Allah. He forgives whom He wills, punishes whom He wills. And Allah is the One Who forgives much, shows great mercy.
15) When you go to get the booties, those who remained behind will say: "Let us follow you". They wish to change the words of Allah. Say: "You will never go with us. Allah has said so before". Then they will say: "Rather, you envy us". Quite contrary, they do not understand but a little.
16) Say to those among Bedouin Arabs who remained behind: "You will soon be called to fight against a powerful people, either you will fight them or they will become Muslims. And if you obey, Allah will give you a good reward. Yet, if you turn away like you did before, He will punish you with a painful punishment".
17) There is no blame upon the blind, no blame upon the lame, no blame upon the sick. Yet, whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, Allah will admit him into the gardens of Jannah [Heaven/Paradise], underneath of which rivers flow. And whoever turns away, He will punish him with a painful punishment.
18,19) Surely, Allah was pleased with the believers when they took pledge of loyalty to you under that tree. He knew what was within their hearts and sent upon their hearts tranquility, assurance and peace/morale and rewarded them with a close conquest and many booties they would take. And Allah is the One Who is the most exalted, the most powerful, the most honorable, the invincible/the subduer, the best law maker, the One Who precludes corruption best/makes incorruptible.
20,21) And Allah has promised you many booties you will take and other things which you are unable but Allah encompasses for you so you may enjoy and as a sign for the believers, so Allah may guide you to the straight path. Allah has bestowed this upon you right away and then withdrew his hands from upon you. And Allah is the One Who is the most competent over everything.
22,23) And had the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb fought you, they would have turned back and fled away as the long-established law/implementation of Allah. -You will not find any change in the law of Allah.- And they would not have found a familiar who guides, protects nor a helper.
24,25) And Allah is the One Who withdrew their hands from you and your hands from them in the valley of Mecca; Hudaybiyyah after He made you victorious over them so Allah may admit whom He wills into His mercy. And Allah is the One Who sees best what you do. And they are the ones who do not accept the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb and who forbid you from Masjid al-Haram and prevent the food which is sent to those who fulfill hajj [pilgrimage] from reaching its place. And if not for the believing men and women whom you do not know yet and for whom you will have liability because you may crush them unintentionally, if they had been divided from each other, We would have definitely punished those among them who disbelieve in the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb with a painful punishment.
26) And when the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb ignited within their hearts the arrogance and haughtiness of lineage, conservatism left from the time of ignorance, Allah sent down upon the hearts of His Messenger and the believers the feelings of trust and tranquility/morale which pacify the heart and ensured that those believers were faithful to their word of "taqwa/entering under the guardianship of Allah". And, they were worth and capable of this. Allah is the One Who knows all best.
27) And surely, Allah has made that vision to come out as true in truth; "If Allah wills, you will enter Masjid al-Haram in safety as the ones who have turned back to their normal civil life". Therefore, Allah knows what you do not know. Then He bestowed you a conquest lesser/closer than that.
28,9) Allah is the One Who has sent His Messenger with the Qur'an which is the guidance to the righteous path and the true religion to prevail the true religion over all religions so that you may believe in Allah and His Messenger, help Him, show respect to Him and purify Him always from all deficiencies. And Allah is sufficient as witness.
29) Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. Muhammad, the messenger of Allah, and those with him are severe against the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb so that Allah may enrage the infidels with them, and they are merciful among themselves. You see them as the people who teach the oneness of Allah, who submit, seeking from Him and a pleasure. Their mark from submission to Allah is seen in their existence/on all over them. This is their example in the Torah. And their example in the Bible is like a crop that has sprouted its offshoots, become thicker by strengthening it and then has stood upon its stalk. Sowers delight over this. Allah has promised to the ones who believe and do amendatory deeds from among them forgiveness and a great reward.