1,2,3,4) Alif/1, Lam/30, Ra/200.[#202] This Qur'an is a book, which contains the laws, rules and principles/that is prevented from being corrupted in order to ensure that you worship none other but Allah; only worship Allah, and to prevent you from doing wrong; acting against your own good by associating others with Allah and to prevent chaos; which is explained in detail by the One Who is the best law maker, the One Who precludes corruption best/makes incorruptible, the One Who knows best inner/hidden sides of everything: "Indeed, I am a warner and the bringer of good tidings for you from Him. And ask your Rabb for forgiveness and repent to Him so He may let you enjoy until the end of a predetermined term. And so that He may give bounties to every person who has the virtue. And if you turn away, I fear the punishment of a great day which is against you. Your return is only to Allah. And He is the One Who is competent over everything".[#203]
5) Open your eyes! Surely, they try every way, suffer to hide from the Messenger/the revelation. Open your eyes! Allah knows that which they conceal, that which they disclose when they cover themselves with their coverings. Indeed, Allah is the One Who knows best what is within hearts.
6) There is no creature on the earth, small-large, whose provision is not upon Allah. Allah knows its permanent dwelling and temporary settlement.[#204] All is in an explicit book.
7) And it is Allah Who formed the heavens/universe and the earth in six steps to test which of you would do better deeds. Universe was water/liquid first; His throne[#205] was upon water/liquid; Allah was the One Who dominated, planned and implemented at that phase as well.-[#206] And if you say to them "Indeed, you will be resurrected after you die", those infidels; those who have consciously denied the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb will definitely say to you: "This is nothing but an explicit magic/magician".
8) And if We postpone the punishment from them until a people with a leader emerges from them, then they will say: "What does prevent it?". Open your eyes! That punishment will not be averted from them on the day it comes to them. And that which they ridiculed will encompass them.
9,10,11) And if We make those other than who have patience and do amendatory deeds - those are the ones for whom the forgiveness and the greatest reward are - taste a mercy from Us and then take it back, then they are indeed desperate, very ungrateful. And if We make him taste happiness after sadness has touched him, he definitely says: "Evil has left me". Indeed, he is the one who is spoiled and arrogant.
12) Now you would abandon some of what has been revealed to you because they say: "Why is not a treasure sent down for him or why does an angel not come with him?" and that's why your breast is strained. You are only a warner. Allah is the One Who arranges everything pursuant to a schedule and implements this schedule by supporting, maintaining it.
13) They actually say: "He has invented it himself". Say: "Then, if you are among those who are truthful, bring forth similar ten independent divisions, even if it is invented and call those whomever you can from among those that are inferior to Allah".
14) And thereupon, if they do not respond to you, then know that the Qur'an has been revealed only with the knowledge of Allah. And there is no deity except Him. Will you become Muslims now?
35) Or they say: "He has invented it". Say: "If I have invented it, its sin is upon me. But I am away from the sins that you have committed".[#207]
15) Whoever desires simple worldly life and its adornments, We give him herein fully the recompense of what he does. And they will not be deprived therein at all.
16) Those are the ones for whom there is nothing but fire in Akhirat [Afterlife]. And what they did and produced will be lost there. And that which they did will definitely be worthless.
17) Then, are those who desire the worldly life like the one who is upon a clear evidence from his Rabb and whom a witness from his Rabb follows and who has the book of Moses before him as a guide and a mercy? Those ones believe in the Qur'an. Whoever conceals the Qur'an from whatever opposite groups, fire will be what he is promised. Therefore, you, do not have incomplete knowledge about the Qur'an because of all these. Surely, it is the truth from your Rabb. But most of the people do not believe.
18,19) And who can do more wrong; act more against his own good than the one who invents a lie about Allah? Those will be presented to their Rabb and witnesses will say: "Those are the ones who lied about their Rabb". Open your eyes! The curse/deprival of mercy of Allah is upon those who do wrong; act against their own good by striving to lead people astray from the path of Allah and seek to make that path deviant and who do not believe in Akhirat [Afterlife].
20,21,22) And they will not incapacitate on the earth. They do not have familiars who protect, guide, help from among those that are inferior to Allah. The punishment will be multiplied for them. They could not bear to heed to revelations and they did not see. Those are the ones who will lose themselves. And that which they invented will depart from themselves and vanish. No doubt, indeed these are the ones who will lose the most/suffer the most in Akhirat [Afterlife] as well.
23) Indeed, those who have believed, who have done amendatory deeds and who are committed to their Rabb with their deep respect and humility, they are the companions of Jannah [Heaven/Paradise]. They will abide therein eternally.
24) The example of these two groups is like the blind and deaf, and the seeing and hearing. Are they ever equal as example? Will you still not think?
25,26) And indeed, We sent Noah as a messenger to his people: "Truly, I am an explicit warner for you. Do not worship anyone but Allah! I fear the punishment of a painful day about you".
27) Then the chiefs among the infidels; those who consciously denied the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb of his people said: "We see you only as an ordinary human like us. We see that noone except the lowest ones of us who are narrow minded follows you. And we do not see any favor of yours against us. Rather, we think that you are liars".
28,29,30,31) Noah said: "O my people! Have you ever thought about that if I am upon an explicit evidence from my Rabb and He has bestowed upon me His mercy and this fact has been concealed from you?! - Will we compel you to it even though you do not like it?" - And he said: "O my people! I do not ask you any wealth. My payment is only from Allah. And I am not to drive away those who have believed. They certainly will meet their Rabb. But I consider you as an ignorant people". And he said: "O my people! If I drive them away, who will help me against Allah? And you, don't you ever think? And I do not say to you that 'treasures of Allah are with me'. And I do not know the unseen, the unheard, the unfelt, the past and the future. And I do not say to you that 'I am an angel'. And I do not say about those whom you scorn, 'Allah will not give them any good'. Allah is the One Who knows best what is within themselves. Then I would definitely be among those who do wrong; act against their own good".
32) They said: "O Noah! You have disputed with us and increased us in dispute. Then, if you are of the truthful, bring us that punishment with which you have threatened us!".
33,34) Noah said: "Only Allah brings it to you if He wills. And you will not incapacitate Him. And although I wished to advise you, my advice will not benefit you if Allah intends to make your transgress. He is your Rabb and you will be returned only to Him".
36,37) And it was revealed to Noah: "Surely, none of your people other than those who have believed will believe. Therefore, do not be sad upon that which they do. And construct ships under Our supervision and in compliance with our revelation. And do not address Me for those who have done wrong; acted against their own good by associating others with Me. They will certainly be drowned in the water".
38,39) And he was constructing the ships, some of the chiefs among his people were ridiculing him every time they passed by him. Noah said: "You ridicule us but we will ridicule you just as you ridicule us". - You are going to know to whom that humiliating punishment will come and upon whom that perpetual punishment will descend -
40) And when Our command came and things got serious[#208] We said: "Load in from all of them as a pair; two and your family except for those against whom the judgment has been fulfilled and those who have believed". - But, only a few have believed with him -
41) And Noah said: "Embark in it! In the name of Allah is their course and their stop. Indeed, my Rabb is very forgiving, very merciful".
42) And the ships were floating with them through a wave like mountains; safe and sound, without collapsing and wearing down. And Noah called upon his son who was apart: "O my child! Come aboard with us, do not be with the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb!".
43) And the son of Noah said: "I will take refuge on a mountain that will save me from the water". Noah said: "There is no one to protect from this command of Allah today except for those upon whom He has mercy". And a wave came between them. And he was among those who drowned.
44) And it was said: "O earth; swallow your water! O sky; you, withhold!". Then waters subsided. And the command was fulfilled. And the ships set upon Judi. And that people who did wrong; acted against their own good by associating others with Allah was told: "Away with you [Perish, vanish from the history]!"
45) And Noah called upon his Rabb and said: "My Rabb! My son was from among the people close to me. And your promise is definitely the truth. And You are the best of judges".
46) Allah said: "O Noah! He surely is not among the people close to you. Indeed, he is a work which is not righteous/he has done a work which is not righteous. Do not ask me Me that about which you do not have any knowledge! Surely, I prohibit you from being among the ignorant".
47) Noah said: "O my Rabb! I seek refuge in You for I have asked You that about which I have no information. And if You do not forgive me and have mercy upon me, I will become among those who will lose/suffer".
48) It was said: "O Noah! Disembark with Salam [health, peace, happiness...] from Us and with Salam [health, peace, happiness...] to the peoples of the future from those with you and with blessings. - Then there will be many peoples whom We will let enjoy of many blessings and then a severe punishment will touch them from Us because of this. -
49) What is related about Noah is from the news from the unseen, the unheard and the unfelt which We have revealed to you. Neither you nor your people knew it before. Then have patience. Surely, the outcome is for those who have entered under the guardianship of Allah.
50,51,52) We sent to Ad their brother Hud as a messenger. He said: "O my people! Worship Allah. There is no other deity for you but Him. You are nothing but inventors. O my people! I do not ask you any payment for this. My reward is only upon the One Who created me from nothing. Will you still not reason? O my people! Ask your Rabb for forgiveness and repent to Him so He will send upon you from the sky in abundance and increase you in strength by adding strength. And do not turn away as sinners".
53,54,55,56,57) They said: "O Hud! You have not come to us with a clear evidence. And we are not to leave our idols by your word. We are not the ones who believe in you. But we can only say 'Some of our gods have possessed you with evil badly'". Hud said: "Surely, I have Allah as my witness, and you too, witness that I am far from those that you associate with Him from among those that are inferior to Allah. Then set your traps for me and do not give me a respite. Indeed, I have relied on Allah, my Rabb and your Rabb. There is no moving living creature, small-large that He does not hold from its forelock and check. Indeed, my Rabb is on a path that is straight. But if you turn away despite this, I have conveyed to you with which I have been sent to you. And my Rabb will make another people to succeed you. And you can not harm Him at all by any means. Indeed, my Rabb is the One Who protects and guards all things".
58) And when Our command came, We saved him and those who believed with him with a mercy from Us; and We saved them from a severe punishment.
59,60) And this is the people of Ad, who rejected the Ayat of their Rabb, disobeyed His messengers and obeyed the command of every obstinate tyrant. And a curse followed them in this world and will follow them on the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection]. Open your eyes! The people of Ad did not believe in their Rabb. Open your eyes! The people of Ad who were the people of Hud was given away/was given eradication from the history.
61,62) We sent to Thamud their brother Salih as a messenger. He said: "O my people! Worship Allah. There is no other deity but Him for you. He is the One Who formed you from the earth and makes you live your life on it. Now, ask Him for forgiveness. Then repent to Him. Indeed, my Rabb is so close, He is the One Who responds to invocations". They said: "O Salih! You were a man of trust/promise among us before this. Now do you forbid us to worship what our ancestors worshipped? And indeed, we have a disquieting uncertain, incomplete knowledge about that to which you invite us".
63,64) Salih said: "O my people! If I am upon an explicit evidence from my Rabb and He has given me a mercy from Himself... Then, in this case, who would protect me from Allah if I disobeyed Him? Then, you would not increase me except in loss. O my people! The duty of Salah [supporting financially and spiritually; enlightening the community] is here for you as evidence/sign. Then let it be implemented on the earth of Allah. And do not touch it with evil; or an impending punishment will seize you.
65) Then they killed it by depleting its life resources. Thereafter, Salih said: "Enjoy three more days in your land. This is a promise not be denied".
66) And when Our command came, We saved Salih and those who have believed with him with a mercy from Us. And We saved them from the disgrace of that day. Indeed your Rabb is the One Who is powerful, almighty.
67) And a horrible blast seized those who did wrong; acted against their own good by associating others with Allah so that they fell on knees on their land.
68) As if they had never lived there in prosperity. Open your eyes! Indeed, the people of Thamud truly disbelieved in their Rabb. Open your eyes! Exiled were the people of Thamud.
69) And indeed, our messengers came to Abraham with good tidings; they said: "Salam [health, peace, happiness...]!". And he said: "Salam [health, peace, happiness...]!" and he did not delay in giving gold.[#209]
70) And when he saw them not reaching for it, he found it strange and he felt an apprehension from them. They said: "Do not fear, we have definitely been sent to the people of Lot".
71) And wife of Abraham was upraising against and she laughed. Then We gave her the good tidings of Isaac and Jacob after him.
72) Wife of Abraham said: "O woe to me! Will I give birth? I am a poor, unlucky and unhappy woman whose husband goes for nothing. And this, my husband, he is an old man! Indeed, this is a strange thing!".
73) Messengers said: "Are you amazed at the decree of Allah? Mercy and blessings of Allah are upon you. O people of the house! Indeed, He is the One Who is praiseworthy and very beneficent".
74) When Abraham overcame his fear and received the good tidings, he started to dispute with Us about the people of Lot.
75) Surely, Abraham was very forbearing, very grieving/tenderhearted/turning person.
76) -"O Abraham! Stay away from this. Indeed, the command of your Rabb has come and indeed, they; an irreversible punishment will come to them.-
77) And when Our messengers came to Lot, he was distressed for these, he felt great discomfort about these and said, "this is indeed an extraordinary day!".
78) And his people came hastening to him. They had been doing evil before this. Lot said: "O my people! Here are my daughters.[#210] They are purer for you. Then enter under the guardianship of Allah, do not disgrace me concerning my guests. Is there not a man of reason among you?".
79) They said: "Indeed, you have known that there is no right for us concerning your daughters. And surely, you certainly know what we want".
80) Lot said: "If only I had a power against you or I could take refuge in an unreachable place/a powerful people!".
81) The guests, messengers said: "O Lot! Indeed, we are the messengers of your Rabb. They will never touch you. Set out with your family in a part of the night. And do not let anyone among you look back [let not anyone think about what happened here], except your wife. Surely, what hits them will hit her. Indeed, time of what is promised is the morning. Is morning not close?".
82,83) And when Our command came, We turned there upside down. And We rained upon them stones of layered baked clay which were marked from your Rabb. And these are not far from those who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah.
84,85,86) We sent to Median their brother Shu'ayb as a messenger. Shu'ayb said: "O my people! Worship Allah. There is no other deity but Him for you. Do not decrease from the measure and the scale. Indeed, I see you in prosperity. And I fear the punishment of a day that will encompass for you. O my people! Establish justice and equity when you measure and weigh. Do not deprive things of the people and do not commit abuse on the earth as corrupters. If you are believers, what remains from Allah/what He bestows you as benefit is better for you. And I am not a protector over you".
87) They said: "O Shu'ayb! Is it your Salah [your religion that includes supporting financially and spiritually; enlightening the community] that commands you that we should abandon what our ancestors worshipped and that we should not do whatever we will with our wealth? Indeed, you are a tenderhearted and right minded man".
88,89,90) Shu'ayb said: "O my people! Have you ever thought? If I am upon an evidence from my Rabb and He has bestowed me a good provision from Himself?! And I do not intend to fall in that which I have forbidden you by opposing you. I only intend to reform as much as I am able. And my success is only through Allah. I have relied only on Him and I only turn to Him. And o my people! Do not let your dissension from me cause you to be hit by that similar to what hit the people of Noah or the people of Hud or the people of Salih. And the people of Lot is not far away from you; your acts and way of belief is same with them/people of Lot are those about whom you have sufficient knowledge. And ask your Rabb for forgiveness, then repent to Him. Indeed, my Rabb is very merciful, the One Who loves much".
91) People of Shu'ayb said: "O Shu'ayb! We do not understand very well much of what you say. We consider you very weak among us. If not for your relatives/followers, we would have stoned you to death. And you do not have any power against us/to prevail".
92,93) Shu'ayb said: "O my people! Are my relatives/followers more powerful/respected than Allah for you? And you put Allah behind your backs. Indeed, my Rabb is the One Who encompasses what you do. O my people! Do what you can with your all power! Indeed, I do. You will soon know to whom devastating punishment will come and who the liar is. Watch, indeed, I am a watcher with you".
94,95) And when Our command came, We saved Shu'ayb and those who have believed with him with a mercy from Us. And a horrible blast seized those people who did wrong; acted against their own good by associating others with Allah so they became fallen prone on their land. As if they had never lived there in prosperity. Open your eyes! Then, the people of Midian are to be taken away/erased from the history as the people of Thamud were taken.
96,97) Surely, We made Moses a messenger to Pharaoh and his chiefs with Our Ayat and an explicit evidence. But they obeyed the command of Pharaoh. But, the command of Pharaoh is not what makes wise/guides to the right.
98) Pharaoh will precede his people on the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection]. - Now, Pharaoh has led his people to the fire. How evil is the place where they arrive! -
99) And they were followed in this world and on the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection] in a curse. - How evil is this tax which is given! -
100) This narration from the past is from the serious news, important information of the cities. We relate it to you; some of them stand today and some of them have become harvested crops.
101) And We did not treat them unjustly; but they treated themselves unjustly, did wrong; acted against their own good. Hence, when the command of your Rabb came, their gods which they invoked from among those that are inferior to Allah did not avail them at all and they did not increase anything other than loss.
102) And when your Rabb seizes those cities people of which are the ones who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah, thus is His seizure. Surely, painful and harsh is His seizure!
103) Surely, there is certainly an evidence/a sign in this for those who fear the punishment of Akhirat [Afterlife]. It is a day for which people will be gathered and it is a day to be witnessed.
104) And We delay it only until a predetermined term.
105) When that day comes, no one will speak without the permission of Allah. On that day, some people will be wretched and some will be happy.
106,107) In the fire of Jahannah [Hell] will be those who are wretched. Sighing and exhaling will be for them therein. As long as the heavens/universe and the earth remain[#211], they will abide in that fire. - Except for what your Rabb wills. - Indeed, your Rabb is the One Who does what He intends.
108) And for those who are happy, as long as the heavens/universe and the earth remain, they will abide in Jannah [Heaven/Paradise] as an unending blessing. - Except for what your Rabb wills. -
109) Then do not be in doubt concerning those things which they worship! They worship as their ancestors worshipped before. Indeed, We will fully pay them their share.
111) And surely, all of them are such that so your Rabb will recompense them fully for what they did. Indeed, He is aware of that which they do in truth.
110) And surely, We gave Moses the Book and disagreements emerged over it. If not for a Word[#212] that preceded from your Rabb before, they would have been recompensed immediately in this world. And indeed, they have a disquieting uncertain, incomplete knowledge about the Qur'an.
112) Hence, be righteous as you have been commanded! So be those who repent with you. Do not transgress! Surely, Allah is the One Who sees best what you do.
113) And do not incline to those who do wrong; act against their own good by accepting that Allah has partners; then fire touches you. And there are no familiars who help, guide, protect for you from among those that are inferior to Allah. Then you will not be helped.
114) And fulfill your Salah [establish and maintain supporting financially and spiritually; enlightening the community] at the two ends of the day and in the early hours of the night, because good deeds remove evil deeds. This indeed is a reminder for those who take lessons.
115) And have patience! Because, Allah definitely never lets be lost the reward of those who produce good.
116) Why did those among the former generations before you who had virtue, merit; those of reason, People of the Book not forbid from corruption in the world? But only a few of them from among whom We saved did this. But those who did wrong; acted against their own good by accepting that Allah has partners, by consciously denying the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb pursued the luxury they were given and became criminals.
117) And your Rabb would not manipulate/destroy those cities unjustly while their people are reformers.
118,119) Had your Rabb willed, He would definitely have made mankind one community with a leader. But they continue to differ except for those whom your Rabb has given mercy. He formed them for this. And the Word of your Rabb; "Indeed, I will fill Jahannah [Hell] with the people you may know or not, you have met or not; all of them" is fulfilled.
120) And We relate to you every news of the messengers which will make your heart firm. And there has come to you the truth in this and an admonition and a reminder to the believers.
121,122) And say to those who do not believe: "Do your best! Surely, We do. Wait! Indeed, We wait".
123) And belongs only to Allah that which is unseen, unheard, unfelt, the past and the future of the heavens/universe and the earth. And all matters will be returned only to Him. So, worship Him, rely on Him. And your Rabb is not apathetic to, unaware of your what you do.