1) Alif/1, Lam/30, Ra/200.[#196] These are the Ayat of that book which contains laws.
2) Is it strange to them that We have revealed to a wise man from among them, saying: "Warn the people and give those who believe the good tidings that they will definitely have pleasant incomings, happy life [qadama sidq][#197] with their Rabb"? Infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb said: "Indeed, this messenger is a scholar that speaks fascinating words/this book is a fascinating, influential knowledge".
3) Surely, your Rabb is Allah, Who formed the heavens/universe and the earth in six steps and then established His dominion over the greatest throne,[#198] arranges the matter. Whoever helps, supports on the earth may only do after His permission/knowledge. This is Allah, your Rabb. So, worship Him! Do you not still think and take lesson?
4) The return of all of you is only to Him. Allah has promised this as a truth. Indeed, He starts the formation from the beginning then returns those who have believed and done righteous deeds so He may recompense them with their shares which are their right. Those infidels; those who consciously denied the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb are the ones for whom a drink of scalding water and a severe punishment will be for their disbelief; their conscious denial of the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb.
5) He is the One Who made the sun a shining light and the moon a reflected light and determined phases for the moon so that you may know the numbers and the count of the years. Allah formed this only in truth. He explains the Ayat in detail for a people who will know.
6) Indeed, there are many evidences/signs in the alternation of the night and the day and in that which Allah has formed in the heavens/universe on the earth for a people who enter under the guardianship of Allah.
7,8) Those who do not expect to meet Us, are pleased with the life of the world, are satisfied with it and those who are apathetic, careless to Our Ayat/evidences/signs; they are the ones whose final destination will be the fire for what they did with their own hands.
9) No doubt that those who believe and do amendatory deeds; their Rabb guides them because of their faith. In Jannah [Heaven/Paradise] with abundant blessings, rivers will flow underneath them.
10) Their prayers therein will be, "My Allah! Purified are You from all deficiencies!". And their greetings therein will be, "Salam [health, peace, happiness...]!". And the end of their prayers will be, "All praise is to Allah, Rabb of all universes!".
11) And had Allah hastened to give evil to the people as they hastened to receive the good, He would certainly have fulfilled the end of their term. But, We leave the ones who do not expect to meet Us struggling in their transgression.
12) And when affliction touches man, he definitely calls upon Us while lying on his side, sitting, standing. And when We remove his affliction from him, he continues as if he had never called upon Us for that affliction that touched him. Thus has been made pleasing for the transgressors that which they do.
13) And surely, We manipulated/destroyed the generations before you when they did wrong by associating others with Allah, by disbelieving. And their messengers had come with clear proofs. But they were not to believe anyway. Thus We recompense the people of criminals.
14) The We made you successors after them on the earth so We may observe how you will do.
15) And when Our Ayat were recited to them clearly, those who do not expect to meet Us said: "Bring a Qur'an other than this or change it!". Say: "It is out of the question for me that I change it with my own accord. I only follow what is revealed to me. Indeed, I fear the punishment of a great day if I disobey my Rabb".
16) Say: "If Allah had willed, I would not have recited the Qur'an to you and Allah would not have made the Qur'an known to you. And I had remained among you for a lifetime before the Qur'an. Will you still not use your reason?".
17) Then, who can do more wrong; act more against his own good than the one who invents a lie about Allah or denies His Ayat/evidences/signs? Indeed, these sinners will not reach the salvation.
18) They worship those that do not harm themselves and do not benefit themselves from among those that are inferior to Allah and say: "These are our helpers/supporters with Allah". Say: "Do you inform Allah of something He does not know in the heavens/universe and on the earth?". Allah is purified from all that which they associate with Him and high above them.
19) And mankind was only a single community, then they differed and if not for a Word[#199] that preceded from your Rabb, the judgment would have been concluded between them over that which they have differed.
20) And they say: "Why has an evidence/a sign not been sent down to him from his Rabb?". Say: "To know the unseen, the unheard, the unfelt, the past and the future belongs only to Allah. So wait! Surely, I am with you among those who wait!".
21) And when We make the people taste a mercy after an adversity has touched them, they have a plot about Our Ayat/evidences/signs. Say: "Allah is swifter in plan". Indeed, our messengers continuously write that which you plot.
22) Allah is the One Who makes you travel on land and at sea. When you are in ships, ships sail with those who are in them with a good wind. And when the passengers rejoice, there comes a strong storm, waves come from every direction. And when they realize that they are surrounded, they supplicate Him as the ones who purify the religion for Allah: "If You save us from this, surely we will be the ones who repay".
23) And when We save them from there, they commit transgressions without right on the earth as soon as they are saved. -O mankind! Your transgression is only against your own good as a gain of this worldly life. Then your return is only to Us. Then We will inform you about what you did.-
24) The example of this worldly life is like the water We send down from the sky. Then, with the water We send down from the sky, the plants which man and livestock eat are intermingled. And when earth adorns itself with its ornaments and its owners believe that they have possession over it, sometimes by night sometimes by day, Our command comes to it suddenly and it makes it harvested as if no celebration was there yesterday. Thus We explain Our Ayat in detail for a people who will think.
25) And Allah invites to the home of salamat [peace, safety, happiness] then He guides whomever He wills/whoever wills to the straight path.
26,27) For those who do good, there will be better and more. No darkness will cover their faces nor humiliation nor scorn. These are the companions of Jannah [Heaven/Paradise]. They will abide therein eternally. And those who have earned evil, the recompense of an evil is like of it. And humiliation will encompass them. There will be no protector for them from Allah. Their faces will be as they are covered with a piece of dark nights. They are the companions of the fire. They will abide therein eternally.
28,29) And on the day We will gather all of them and say to those who associated others with Allah "To your places! You and your partners!", We will definitely separate them and their partners will say: "You have not been worshipping only to us! Now, sufficient is Allah between us and between you as a witness. We were certainly unaware of/apathetic to your worship".
30) There/then everyone will be tested for whatever he sent. And they certainly will be returned to their true god, Allah. And that which they used to slander, invent will depart from them and perish.
31,32) Say: "Who is the One Who provides for you from the sky and the earth? Or who is the One Who possesses ears and eyes; who is the One Who owns these? Who is the One Who brings the living out of the dead and brings the dead out of the living? And who is the One Who arranges the matters?" They will immediately say: "Allah". Then say: "So will you not still enter under the guardianship of Allah? Therefore He is Allah, your true Rabb. And what can be beyond truth except going astray! So how are you averted?
33) Word of your Rabb[#200] has come into effect for those who have gone astray from the righteous path: Surely, they will not believe.
34) Say: "Who is it of your partners that forms first and then will return it/resurrect?" Say: "Allah forms first and then returns it. Then how are you deluded?"
35) Say: "Who is it of your partners that guides to the righteous path?". Say: "Allah guides to the righteous path which is the truth. So, who guides to the righteous path? So is the One Who guides to the truth more worthy to be followed or is the one who does not follow unless he is guided? Then what is the matter with you? How do you judge?".
36) And most of them follow nothing but an assumption. No doubt that assumption does not avail against the "truth" at all. Indeed, Allah knows very well what they do.
37) And this Qur'an is not that which has been invented by those that are inferior to Allah. But, it is only a confirmation of what is within and a detailed explanation of the Torah. There is nothing to be doubted about it. It is from Rabb of all universes.
38) Or they say: "He has invented it". Say: "Then bring forth a similar independent division and call upon whomever you can from among those that are inferior to Allah. If you should be truthful".
39) Rather, they have denied something which they did not understand in knowledge and whose interpretation has not come to them yet. Those before them had denied like this. Then, look how was the end of those who did wrong; acted against their own good by associating others with Allah.
40) Among them are those who will believe in the Qur'an and those who will not. And your Rabb is the One Who knows best those who make corruption.
41) And if they deny you, then say: "My deeds belong to me and your deeds belong to you. You are away from what I do and I am away from what you do".
42) And among them are those who heed to you. Is it you who will make the deaf listen while they do not reason?
43) Among them are those who look at you. But, is it you who will guide the blind while they are the ones who do not see?
44) Surely, Allah does not treat people unjustly by any means and ways. Yet people treat unjustly by doing wrong to themselves; acting against their own good.
45) And on the day when Allah will gather them, people will know each other, as if they had remained only for an hour of the day. Since those who deny that they will meet Allah are not the ones who follow the righteous path, they will definitely lose.
46) Whether We show you some of what We have promised them or take your life; remind you what you did in the past and what you failed to do while being obliged to, their return will finally be to Us. Then, Allah is witness to what they will do.
47) And there will be messenger for every people with a leader. When their messenger comes, justice and equity will be fulfilled between them. And they will not be treated unjustly.
48) And they say: "If you are truthful, when is this promise?".
49) Say: "I am not able to make a harm or benefit for myself other than what Allah wills". There is an end of the term for every people with a leader. When their end of the term comes, they will neither postpone for a moment nor will they advance.
50) Say: "Have you ever considered? If His punishment should come to you by night when you are asleep or by day!" What do the criminals hasten of this?
51) Will you believe in it after this punishment has occurred or now? Yet, you have been seeking to hasten it.
52) Then, it will be said to those who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah, denying, "Taste that punishment of eternity!". - Will you be recompensed except for that which you have earned?"-
53) And they ask to receive information from you, "Is that punishment true?". Say: "Yes, by my Rabb, it is truth. And you will not incapacitate".
54) And all of those who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah would sacrifice; give everything on the earth as a ransom if they possessed them. And they would regret when they see the punishment. And justice and equity will certainly be established among them. And they will not be treated unjustly.
55) Open your eyes! Indeed, everything in the heavens/universe and on the earth is for Allah. Open your eyes! Indeed, promise of Allah is truth. But most of them do not know.
56) Allah gives life and takes life. And you will be returned only to Him.
57) O mankind! There has come to you from your Rabb a reminder, a cure for what is within the chests, a guidance and a mercy for the believers.
58) Say: "These are by the gift and mercy of Allah. Let them rejoice in only these. This is better than what they accumulate".
59) Say: "Have you seen/ever thought? Allah has sent down many provisions for you and you made some of them haram/forbidden and some of them halal/permissible". Say: "Has Allah permitted you or do you invent a lie about Allah?".
60) And what is the opinion, belief of those who slander a lie against Allah about the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection]? Surely, Allah is the One Who bestows to the people but most of them do not repay.
61) And you, whatever occupation you have, whatever you recite of the Qur'an about it and whatever work you do, do not forget that We are witness over you when you are engaged in it. Not absent from your Rabb is anything of weight of an atom in the heavens/universe and on the earth. And anything smaller and greater than this is only within an explicit book.
62,63) Open your eyes! There will be no fear for those who are close to Allah, His helpers - it is those who have believed and entered under the guardianship of Allah-. They will not grieve.
64) Good tidings are for them in this worldly life and in Akhirat [Afterlife]. There is no change in the words of Allah. This is what is the greatest attainment.
65) And do not let their speech grieve you. Indeed, dominion, glory and honor belong to Allah entirely. He is the One Who hears best, knows best.
66) Open your eyes! Indeed, whoever is in the heavens/universe and whoever is on the earth belong to Allah. And those who invoke those that are inferior to Allah do not follow those that they take as partner. They only follow assumption and they only lie.
67) Allah is the One Who created the night for you so you may rest in it and the day so you may see; research and find meaning. Indeed, there are evidences/signs in this for a people who will heed.
68) They have said: "Allah has taken a child". He is purified from this. He is free of need. All that is in the heavens/universe and on the earth belongs to Him. There is no proof with you concerning this. Do you say about Allah that which you will not know?
69) Say: "Those who invent a lie about Allah will definitely not succeed".
70) Those things are the enjoyment in the world. Then their return will be only to Us. Then We will make them taste that severe punishment for they disbelieved; for that which they consciously denied and refused to accept.
71,72) And recite to them the important news of Noah: When he said to his people: "O my people! If my position; that I have a duty, that I stand against you and that I remind you with the Ayat of Allah should be burdensome upon you, know that I have relied upon Allah. Now, you and your partners, gather and decide what you will do with all of your power. Then do not let your this deed be trouble for you. Then carry it out upon me and do not give me respite. Then, if you turn away; I have not asked you a payment anyway! My payment is only upon Allah. And I have been commanded to be of the Muslims".
73) And they denied him despite this. So We saved him and those who were with him in the ship. And We made them successors of those who went away. And We drowned those who denied our Ayat [evidences/signs] in the water. Look how was the end of those who were warned.
74) Then after him, We sent messengers to their own peoples and they brought them explicit proofs. But they did not believe for they had denied it before. Thus We seal the hearts of the transgressors.
75) Then after these, We sent Moses and Aaron with Our Ayat/evidences/signs to Pharaoh and his chiefs. But they acted arrogantly and became a sinner people.
76) And when the truth came to them from Us, they said: "Indeed, this is definitely an explicit magic".
77) Moses said: "Do you say 'This is a magical word?' for the truth when it has come to you? Yet, those who say magical words will not reach what they hope for".
78) They said: "Have you come to us to turn us away from upon which we found our ancestors and so that you two may have the rule on the earth? We do not believe in both of you".
79) And Pharaoh said: "Bring me all scholars who are the most knowledgeable, who speak influential words!".
80) And when the scholars who speak influential words came, Moses said to them: "Throw whatever you will throw!".
81,82) And when they threw Moses said, "That which you have brought is an illusion/a deception. Surely, Allah will disclose that it is fake and useless. No doubt that Allah does not amend the works of corrupters. And Allah establishes the truth by His words and implements it even though sinners do not like".
83) Then no one except a lineage among the people of Moses believed in him out of the fear that Pharaoh and his men would throw them into the fire. And surely, Pharaoh was exalted in power on the earth and he certainly was one of those transgressors.
84) And Moses said: "O my people! If you have believed in Allah, have become of the Muslims who have submitted only to Him, then rely only on Him!".
85,86) And they said: "We have relied upon Allah. O our Rabb! Do not make us a trial for that people who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with You and save us with Your mercy from that people of infidels; who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb!".
87) And We revealed to Moses and his brother, "Prepare some schools in Egypt for your people and make your schools your goal and establish Salah [establish and maintain the institutions that support financially and spiritually; enlighten the community] and give good tidings to the believers!".
88) And Moses said: "Our Rabb! Surely, You have given Pharaoh and his chiefs wealth and properties in this simple worldly life. - Our Rabb! So that they may lead astray from Your path - Our Rabb! Obliterate their wealth and harden their hearts. Because they will not believe until they see that painful punishment".
89) Allah said: "Both of your supplication have certainly been accepted. So, keep on the righteous path. And do not follow the path of those who do not know!".
90,91,92) And We took the Israelites across the large body of water/river. But Pharaoh and his soldiers followed them immediately in transgression and enmity. And when drowning in the water overtook him he said: "I have definitely believed that there is no deity except the One in Whom Israelites believe, I am among those who submitted". - Now? But you disobeyed before and became of the corrupters. Today We will save you in your armor so you may be a sign for those who will succeed you. - And indeed, many of the people are apathetic/careless to our Ayat/evidences/signs.
93) And indeed, We placed Israelites in a beautiful land and provided them with pleasant blessings and they did not differ until the knowledge had come to them. Indeed, your Rabb will establish justice among them on the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection] concerning over what they differed.
94,95) If you do not have certain, sufficient knowledge about some of that which We have revealed to you, then immediately ask those who learned and taught book before you! Surely, it is the truth what has come to you from your Rabb. Then never be among those who doubt! And never be among those who deny the Ayat of Allah or you will be among those who lose and suffer.
96,97) Indeed, those, against whom the Word of your Rabb[#201] has come into effect, will not believe even if all the evidences/signs come to them altogether until they see that painful punishment.
98) If only there was a city, people of which believed and benefited from their faith. Except the people of Jonah. When they had believed, We removed the punishment of disgrace in this worldly life from upon them and let them enjoy for a time.
99) Had your Rabb willed, surely all of those on earth would have believed entirely. Then will you compel them in order that they become believers?
100) And it is not for anyone to believe without permission/knowledge of Allah. And Allah will place defilement/punishment upon those who do not use their reason.
101) Say: "Look what is in the heavens/universe and on the earth!" - And explicit Ayat/evidences/signs and warnings will not avail a people who will not believe. -
102) So, do they wait for the days like the days of those who passed before them? Say: "Wait! I am with you among those who wait".
103) Then We save Our messengers and those who believe. Thus it is! It is a duty upon Us that We save the believers.
104,105,106) Say: "O people! If you do not exactly know what my religion is, know well that I do not worship those you worship from among those that are inferior to Allah. But I worship Allah/the One Who will take your lives. And I have been commanded to be among those believers and that 'Turn all your self towards the Religion as being one who turns to the Truth from associating, consciously denying the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb and never be among those who associate others with Allah! And do not invoke those that neither benefit you nor will harm you from among those that are inferior to Allah! If you do despite this, you will definitely be among those who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah'".
107) Should Allah touches you with adversity, there is no one to remove it except Him. And should He intend good for you, then there is no one to reverse what He gives. He causes His bounties to reach whom He wills of His servants. And Allah is very forgiving, very merciful.
108) Say: "O mankind! Indeed the truth has come to you from your Rabb. Now whoever follows the righteous path which is guided follows it for himself and whoever goes astray does it against his own good. And I am not responsible for you".
109) And you, follow that which has been revealed to you! And have patience until Allah will judge. And Allah is the best of those who judge.