2,3,4,5) These are the Ayat of that book which contains laws as a guidance to the righteous path and mercy upon those who establish Salah [establish and maintain the institutions that support financially and spiritually; enlighten the community], who give zaqah; the tax that the believers sincerely give as a liability of belief and duty of servitude so that the religion of Allah may be spread, maintained and Salah may be established, and those who certainly believe in Akhirat [Afterlife], who do good deeds -they are upon a righteous path from their Rabb. And they are the ones who will reach the salvation-.
7) And when Our Ayat are recited to him, he turns away arrogantly as if there is an heaviness in his ears so he did not hear them. Then give him the tidings of a painful punishment.
6) And among the people are those who purchase amusement of speech to lead astray from the path of Allah without knowledge and to ridicule it. They are the ones for whom will be a humiliating punishment.
8,9) Surely, those who believe and do amendatory deeds, for them will be Jannah [Heaven/Paradise] of abundant blessings, in which they will reside eternally. This is a true promise of Allah. And He is the One Who is the most exalted, the most powerful, the most honorable, the invincible/the subduer, the best law maker, the One Who precludes corruption best/makes incorruptible.
10) Allah formed the heavens/universe without pillars, you see that. And He built mountains on the earth so that it might prepare a table for you/it may be suitable for agriculture and dispersed all kinds of creatures, small and large, therein. And We sent down water from the sky, thus We made grow there plant from every precious pair.
11) This is the formation of Allah. Now show me! What have the ones from among those that are inferior to Allah formed? Indeed, those who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah are in an explicit astray.
12) Surely, We gave Luqman laws, rules and principles that are set forth to prevent injustice and chaos, saying "Repay to Allah for the blessings that have been given to you!". -Whoever repays for the blessings that were given to him, he repays for himself. And whoever is ungrateful, indeed Allah is free of need, He is the One Who is always praiseworthy.-
13,16,17,18,19) And when Luqman said to his son, instructing him: "O my son! Do not associate others with Allah, surely, associating others with Allah is very wrong; acting against own good. O my son! Surely, associating others with Allah; even if that evil should be the weight of a seed of mustard and should be within a rock or in the heavens/universe or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Indeed, Allah is the One Who is subtle, aware in truth. O my son! Establish Salah [establish and maintain the institutions that support financially and spiritually; enlighten the community], order good, avoid evil. Be patient over what befalls you. Surely, these are certains of the matters. And do not puff out your cheeks to people, do not frown and do not walk arrogantly on the earth. Indeed, Allah does not like all those who are boastful and self-deluded. And be moderate in your pace, lower your voice. Surely, the harshest of sounds is the voice of the donkeys".
14) And We enjoined upon man his mother and his father as a liability: -His mother carried him in weakness upon weakness. And his weaning is in two years.- "Repay to Me, to your mother and to your father!". Only to Me is the return.
15) And if mother and father force you to associate with Me that of which you do not know, do not obey them. And accompany them in this world with kindness and follow the path of those who turn to Me. Then only to Me will be your return. Then I will inform you about that which you did.[#240]
20) Do you not see that Allah has created all that is in the heavens/universe and on the earth in such structure and system so you may benefit? And Allah has spread upon you His blessings, apparent and unapparent. But among the people are those who dispute about Allah without knowledge, guidance and an enlightening book.
21) And when it was said to them: "Follow what Allah has sent down!", they said: "Rather, we follow that upon which we found our ancestors". What if satan was inviting them to the punishment of Jahannah [Hell]?
22) And whoever Islamizes [creates well-being, peace, order, happiness...] himself for Allah; becomes Muslim by producing good, then he has grasped the most reliable handhold. Only to Allah belongs the outcome of all matters.
23) Whoever disbelieves; consciously denies the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb, then do not let his disbelief; conscious denial grieve you. Their return is only to Us. Then We will inform them about what they do. Indeed, Allah is the One Who knows very well the essence of the hearts.
24) We let them enjoy for a little. Then We force them to a massive punishment.
25) Indeed, if you asked them: "Who formed the heavens/universe and the earth?", they would surely say, "Allah!" Say: "All praise is to Allah; no one else may be praised!" Actually, most of them do not know.
26) Whatever is in the heavens/universe and on the earth belongs only to Allah. Surely, Allah is free of need; He is always praiseworthy.
27) And surely if whatever trees on the earth were pens and the sea, added by seven more seas after it, was its ink, words of Allah would not be depleted. Indeed, Allah is the One Who is the most exalted, the most powerful, the most honorable, the invincible/the subduer, the best law maker, the One Who precludes corruption best/makes incorruptible.
28) Your formation and your resurrection after death is just like of a single one. Surely, Allah is the One Who hears best, sees best.
29) Have you not seen/thought about that Allah makes the night enter the day, makes the day enter the night? He created the sun and the moon in such form and mechanism that would be beneficial to the people. All of them are moving to the end of a predetermined term. And indeed Allah is all aware of what you do.
30) That is because Allah is indeed the truth itself. And those whom they worshipped from among those that are inferior to Allah are lost. And surely, Allah is the One Who is the most sublime and the grand.
31) Have you not seen/thought about that ships sail through the seas by the favor of Allah so He may show you His evidences/signs? Indeed there is an evidence/a sign in this for everyone who has patience and repays for the blessings he is given.
32) And when a wave like shadows covers them, they invoke Allah by purifying the religion for Him. But when He delivers them to the land and saves them, some of them take a moderate path [a path between faith and conscious denial of the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb, play both sides]. And only those who are completely treacherous and ungrateful consciously deny our Ayat.
33) O mankind! Enter under the guardianship of Allah. And fear the day when the son will not avail his father, the father will not avail his son at all. Indeed, the promise of Allah is truth. So, do not let the simple worldly life delude you. And do not let the deceiver deceive you with Allah.
34) Surely, Allah is the One Who has the knowledge of the hour of Qiyamat [Resurrection]. And it is He Who sends down the rain, it is He Who knows what is in the wombs. And no one knows what he will earn tomorrow. And no one knows in what land he will die. Indeed, Allah is the One Who knows best and the One Who is all aware.