1) Those who deny and avert from the path of Allah; Allah has wasted their deeds/made them worthless.
2) And as for those who believe, do amendatory deeds and believe in that which has been revealed to Muhammad by their Rabb as a truth; Allah has removed their evil deeds and amended their condition.
3) Allah did so because the infidels; those who consciously deny/disbelieve in the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb follow falsehood and surely the believers follow the truth coming from their Rabb. Thus presents Allah to the people their example.
4,5,6) When you meet/battle those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb, strike their necks at once.../battle to death. And when you prevail over them, secure the bond/make strong decisions. And when the war lays down its burdens and it is over, release them free either without compensation or with ransom. Thus, if Allah had willed, He would surely have maintained justice by recompensing them. But this is so to test you with each other. And as for those who are killed/kill/fight in the path of Allah; Allah will never waste their deeds. Allah will guide them, amend their conditions and admit them to Jannah [Heaven/Paradise] which He has made known to them.
7,8,9) O you who have believed! Should you help Allah, He will help you and set your feet firm. As for those who deny, destruction will be upon them and Allah will waste their work. This is definitely because they disliked what Allah revealed. And Allah has made their deeds worthless.
10) Have they not travelled across the earth? So they might see how the end of those before them was. Allah destroyed them. And similar ones are for these infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb.
13) And We manipulated/destroyed many cities, which were stronger in power than your city that drove you out. So, there was no helper for them.
12) Surely, Allah will admit those who believe and do righteous deeds to the gardens of Jannah [Heaven/Paradise] underneath of which rivers flow. And those who deny, enjoy and eat as livestock eat, the Fire will be an abode for them.
11) Reason of the happiness of the believers and the miserable condition of the infidels is the fact that indeed Allah is the familiar Who is helper, guide, protector of those who believe and there is no such familiar who helps, guides, protects for the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb.[#379]
14,15) So, is the one who is upon an explicit evidence from his Rabb like those whose evil of their affairs are made attractive to them and who follow their vain, transitory desires; like those who will abide in the Fire eternally and who will be made to drink scalding water and that will tear their intestines into pieces? Example of Jannah [Heaven/Paradise] that is promised to those who entered under the guardianship of Allah: There will be rivers of unspoiled water, rivers of milk taste of which does not change, rivers of wine delicious to those who drink and rivers of filtered honey. For them will be therein all kinds of fruits and forgiveness from their Rabb.
16) Among them are those who heed you. So that, when they departed from you, they have said to those who were given knowledge: "What has he just said?". They are the ones whose hearts Allah has sealed and those who follow their vain, transitory desires.
17) And as for those who follow the righteous path they are guided; Allah has increased their righteousness for them and granted them to enter under the guardianship of Allah.
18) So, do they expect other than that the moment of Qiyamat [Resurrection] to come to them unexpectedly? Surely, signs of that Qiyamat [Resurrection] have come. And what good is for them that they remember when it comes to them!
19) Then, know that there surely is no god but Allah! Ask forgiveness for your sin, for the believing men and the believing women. And Allah knows where you travel through and where you settle.
20,21) Those who believe say: "If only an independent division was sent down". But when an independent division that contains laws is sent down and war is mentioned in it, you see that those in whose hearts is disease; ill-minded people, those whose faith is corrupted look at you like a man who is to faint due to the fear of death. Then, obedience and a word that is acceptable for all is more appropriate for them. And when the matter was determined if they had been loyal to Allah, it would surely have been better for them.
22) So, would you expect to cause corruption on earth and shatter your blood ties if you had the authority to rule?
23) They are the ones whom Allah has cursed, then deafened and blinded their eyes.
24) Then, do they not contemplate over the Qur'an by reading/putting its Ayat in the order of revelation? Or do they have locks upon their hearts?
25) Surely, as for those who have returned to disbelief; conscious denial of the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb after the righteous path has become clear to them; satan enticed them and cast them upon prolonged hopes.
26) This is because they said to those who disliked that which Allah sent down: "We will obey you in some matters". Yet Allah knows what they conceal.
27) Then how will it be when forces in charge remind them what they did in the past and what they failed to do while being obliged to, by hitting them in their faces and backs!
28) This is because they followed that which Allah is displeased with and they disliked His approval. So, Allah has made their deeds worthless.
29) Or, have those in whose hearts is disease; ill-minded ones thought that Allah would never disclose their hatred?
30) Had We wished so, We would certainly have shown them to you. Then you would have recognized them by their mark. You will recognize them by their form of speech anyway. And Allah knows your deeds.
31) And indeed, We will wear you out/test you so We may declare/mark and show those among you who strive and have patience. We will wear out/test your news as well.
32) Surely, those who disbelieve in the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb, avert from the path of Allah and oppose the Messenger after the righteous path has become clear to them; they can not harm Allah at all. And Allah will make their deeds worthless.
33) O you who have believed! Obey Allah, obey the Messenger and do not invalidate your deeds.
34) Surely, those who disbelieved; consciously denied the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb, who averted from the path of Allah, and then die as the ones who have disbelieved; consciously denied the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb; Allah will never forgive them.
35) Therefore, do not weaken and do not call for peace while you are superior. And Allah is with you. And Allah will never deprive you of your deeds.
36) Surely, this simple life in the world is only diversion and amusement. If you believe and enter under the guardianship of Allah, Allah will give you your rewards, will not ask you for your wealth.
37) If Allah asked you for your wealth and forced you for that, you would withhold. And He would expose your hatred.
38) So, you are the ones who are invited to spend for the cause of Allah. Despite this, some of you withhold. And whoever withholds, only withholds from his own self. And Allah is free of need, you are the needy. If you turn away, Allah will replace you with another people. And they will not be the likes of you.