1) O Prophet! Enter under the guardianship of Allah, do not obey the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb and the hypocrites. Indeed, Allah is the One Who knows best, the One Who is the best law maker.
2) And follow that which is revealed to you from your Rabb. Indeed, Allah is aware of what you do.
3) And rely on Allah, Allah is sufficient as the One "who arranges all creatures pursuant to a schedule and implements this schedule by supporting, maintaining it".
4) Allah has not made two hearts within the chest cavity of man; a man is not a believer and an infidel, he is definitely one of these. And He has not accepted your wives as your mothers when you take Zihar;[#354] when you make your wives the subject of the oath of abstinence by declaring they are like the back of your mother to you. And He has not made your adopted children your true children. This is what you say with your mouths. But Allah speaks the truth. And He guides to the Path.
5) Call the adopted children by the name of their fathers; this is more just in the sight of Allah. If you do not know their fathers, then they are your brothers in religion and your acquaintances by covenant. There is no sin upon you for that which you have made as a mistake other than that which your hearts do intentionally; consciously and on a plan. And Allah is the One Who forgives much, shows great mercy.
6) Prophet is closer to the believers than themselves and wives of Prophet are mothers of the believers. And as for relatives; they are all same in the decree of Allah, -except for treating your protectors in a manner that is acceptable for all- they are more privileged than the believers and the emigrants. This is written in the Book.
7,8) And when We took 'certain covenants' from prophets; Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus, son of Mary to question the righteous about their righteousness. We took a 'certain covenant' from you as well. We took from them a solemn 'certain covenant'. And Allah has prepared a painful punishment for the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb.
9) O you who have believed! Remember the favor of Allah upon you. When armies came to you, then We sent upon them a wind and armies that you did not see. And Allah is the One Who sees very well what you do.
10) When they came to you from above and from below you. And when eyes shifted and hearts reached the throats. And you were assuming various assumptions about Allah.
11) There the believers were tested and shaken with a severe shake.
12) And at that time, the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease; the ill-minded were saying: "Allah and His Messenger have promised us nothing but deception".
13) And when a group from among them said: "O the people of Yathrib/Medina! There is no place for you to stay, get back immediately". And some of them asked the Prophet for his permission, saying: "Our houses are unprotected". Yet their houses were not unprotected. They intended only to flee.
14) And if they had been entered upon from all around their houses and asked to set a social fire, they would definitely have done it. And they would not have waited long for this.
15) And surely, they had given 'a certain promise' to Allah before that they would not turn their backs and flee. And the covenant of Allah/promises given to Allah entails a liability.
16) Say: "If you flee from dying or killing, fleeing will never benefit you. And then you will be made to enjoy only a little".
17) Say: "If Allah intended evil for you or a mercy for you, who is it that could protect you against Allah? And they can not find for themselves a familiar who guides, protects from among those that are inferior to Allah, nor a helper.
18,19) Indeed, Allah knows those of you who forbid, omit, and who say to their brothers, envying you: "Come to us!". And they do not stand against distress but a little. And when that fear came, you saw them looking at you with revolving eyes like one fainting from death. And when that fear departed, they lashed you with sharp tongues, indisposed towards good. These have not believed so Allah has made their deeds worthless. And this is very easy for Allah.
20) They thought that the confederate enemy forces had not withdrawn. And if the confederate enemy forces should come, they would wish they were in the desert among the Bedouins asking about your news. And if they were among you, they would not battle but a little.
21) Surely, there is an excellent example in the Messenger of Allah for you; those who hope Allah and the last day and who remember Allah frequently.
22) And when the believers saw the confederate enemy forces, they said: "This is that which Allah and His Messenger has promised us. Allah and His Messenger spoke the truth". This increased them only in faith and security.
23,24) And there are such people among the believers who were faithful to Allah, to that which they had to do according to their belief. Among them is he who has fulfilled his vow/has given his life, and among them is he who awaits. -They did not alter their behaviors by acting liberally for Allah will reward the truthful for their truthfulness and if He wills, He will punish the hypocrites or give them opportunity to repent.-. Surely, Allah is very forgiving, very merciful.
25) And Allah turned back the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb with their rage before they have obtained any good. And Allah was sufficient for the believers in the battle. And Allah is very powerful, the One Who is almighty.
26,27) And Allah brought down those from among the People of the Book who helped the infidels, from their fortresses. And He cast terror into their hearts: you killed some of them and took captive some of them. And Allah made you inherit their lands, homes, properties and a place upon which you had not set foot yet. And Allah is the One Who is the most competent over everything.
28,29) O Prophet! Say to your wives: "If you desire the simple worldly life and its adorned attraction, then come, I will pay you a compensation for divorce and release you with a good release. If you desire Allah, His Messenger and the final home, then Allah has definitely prepared a great reward for those among you who do good".
30,31) O women of the Prophet! Whoever of you should commit a clear, abominable immorality, punishment of the crime will be increased double fold. And this is very easy for Allah. And whoever of you shows respect to Allah and His Messenger constantly and does righteous deed, We will give her reward to her twice. And We have prepared for her a noble provision.
32,33,34) O women of the Prophet! You are not like anyone among women; if you enter under the guardianship of Allah, do not speak attractively, those in whose hearts is disease; ill-minded would covet. Speak in a way that is acceptable for all. Be staid in your houses, do not make a display as display of the former ignorance, establish Salah [establish and maintain the institutions that support financially and spiritually; enlighten the community], give zaqah; the tax that the believers sincerely give as a liability of belief and duty of servitude so that the religion of Allah may be spread, maintained and Salah may be established, obey Allah and His Messenger. - O people of the house! Truly, Allah intends to remove the impurity from you and purify you.- And remember the Ayat of Allah that are recited in your houses and the laws, rules, principles that are set forth to prevent injustice, corruption and chaos. Indeed, Allah is the most gracious, the One Who knows what is hidden, the One Who knows well inner and hidden sides of everything.
35) No doubt that the men who have entered the religion of Islam and the women who have entered the religion of Islam, the believing men and the believing women, the respectful men and the respectful women, the truthful men and the truthful women, the patient men and the patient women, the humble men and the humble women, the men who give sadaqa/public revenue and the women who give sadaqa/public revenue, the men who fast and the women who fast, the men who guard their chastity and the women who guard their chastity, the men who remember Allah frequently and the women who remember Allah frequently; Allah has prepared for them a forgiveness and a great reward.
36) And when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, it is not for any believing man and any believing woman that they should have any choice about their matter. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has gone astray with a clear astray.
37) When you said to the one whom Allah gave His favor and you gave favor: "Keep your wife beside you even if it is difficult and enter under the guardianship of Allah!" while you kept that which Allah was to disclose within yourself hidden, fearing people. But Allah was more worthy of you fearing Him in awe with respect, love, knowledge. And when Zayd[#356] severed his ties with Zaynab, We made you husband to Zaynab. So there would be no discomfort upon the believers concerning marrying woman who has divorced from adopted child when adopted children have severed their ties with them. Command of Allah has been fulfilled.
38,39) There is no obstacle upon the Prophet concerning that which Allah has imposed upon him as the implementation of Allah upon those who have passed away; those who fulfill their duties as messengers of Allah, who fear Him in awe with respect, love, knowledge and who fear none but Allah in awe with respect, love, knowledge. The command of Allah is a specified and decreed destiny. Allah is sufficient as reckoner.
40) Muhammed is not the father of any of young men among you. But, he is the messenger of Allah and last of the prophets.[#357] And Allah is the One Who knows all things best.
41,42) O you who have believed! Remember Allah with 'much remembrance'. And purify Him at all times from all deficiencies.
43,44) He is the One Who supports you to bring you out from all darkness into the light. His forces of the nature/harbinger Ayat that He sends down provide support. And He is very merciful to the believers. On the day they will meet Him, their greeting will be "Salam [health, peace, happiness...]!". And Allah has prepared for them a noble reward.
45,46,47,48) O Prophet! Indeed, We have sent you/made you a messenger as a witness, a harbinger of good tidings, a warner, an inviter to Allah by His permission/knowledge and a lantern that illuminates. Give the believers the good tidings that there is a great bounty for them from Allah. Do not obey the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb and hypocrites, disregard their annoyances. And you, rely on Allah. And Allah is sufficient as the One Who "arranges all creatures pursuant to a schedule and implements this schedule by supporting, maintaining it".
49) O you who have believed! When you marry believing women and divorce them without touching them, then there is no waiting period for you to count concerning them. Give them compensation and release them in a good manner.
50) O Prophet! We have made halal/permissible to you your wives to whom you have given their mehir [life insurance, honor wealth][#358], women that you protect in accordance with contract/who are given under your protection from booty of war of what Allah has given you, from daughters of your brother of your father, sister of your father, brother of your mother and sister of your mother who have emigrated with you, and the believing woman who devotes herself to Prophet and whom Prophet wishes to marry -only for you and of lower level than those of believers-. We know/have declared before what We have explained to the believers other than you, what We have prescribed concerning their wives and that which their covenants possess[#359]. This condition; matters that are set forth concerning the polygamy and others which are only for you is that there may be no difficulty for you. And Allah is the One Who removes the sins of His servants, does not punish them and has much forgiveness, the One Who is the possessor of vast mercy.
51) You can leave behind whom you will of them and take whom you will with you. Should you wish to return to those of them whom you desire, there will be no blame upon you. This is the way closest to the best for them; that you return to those who you left behind so they may be content, not grieve and be pleased with what you have given them. Allah knows what is within your hearts. Allah is the One Who knows all things, forbears much.
52) After this, women and replacing these women with other women -even though you are pleased with their beauty- is not halal/permissible to you. Except for one whom your covenant possesses/one who is given under your protection while she is captive of war; you can marry her. Allah is the One Who observes and watches over all things.
53) O you who have believed! Enter the house of the Prophet only when you are invited for dinner -without considering the time-. When you are invited, enter right away. And when you finish your meal, leave immediately. Do not wait for a conversation. Indeed, this situation of yours troubles the Prophet and he is shy to dismiss you. But Allah is not shy of the truth/reality. If you ask his wives for something, ask it behind the curtain/without entering their room. It is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is absolutely not for you to harm the Prophet and marry his wives after him forever. This is an enormity in the sight of Allah.
54) Whether you disclose a thing or conceal it, know that Allah is the One Who knows all things best.
55) There is no sin upon wives of the Prophet concerning their fathers, sons, brothers, sons of their brothers, sons of their sisters, women and those whom their covenant possesses[#360]. -And you/wives of the Prophet; enter under the guardianship of Allah.- Indeed, Allah is the best witness to all things.
56) Surely, Allah and His forces in the nature/Ayat of the Qur'an that He has sent down support/help the Prophet. O you who have believed! Support/help the Prophet and maintain his security with a complete safety!
57) Indeed, as for those who abuse Allah and His Messenger; Allah has cursed them in this world and in Akhirat [Afterlife]. And He has prepared for them a humiliating punishment.
58) Those who harm believing men and believing women for that which they have not been made to earn; they certainly have burdened with an explicit slander and wasting their time/delaying the good/being reluctant for the good/harming.
59) O Prophet! Tell your wives, daughters and women of the believers to wear from their outdoor garments. This is more suitable for that they will not be recognized and will not be harassed. Allah is the One Who forgives much, shows great mercy.
60,61,62) Indeed, if those hypocrites and those in whose hearts is disease; ill-minded and those who spread rumors in Medina do not cease what they do, We will definitely inflict you upon them by cursing them. Then, they will not remain your neighbors therein except for a little; as with the implementation of Allah upon those who have passed away, they will be seized wherever they are found and killed pitilessly. You will not find a change in the law/implementation of Allah!!
63,73) People ask you concerning the moment of Qiyamat [Resurrection]. Say: "Knowledge of it is only with Allah so He may punish hypocrite men, hypocrite women, the men who associate others with Allah, the women who associate others with Allah; and so He may accept the repentance of believing men and believing women. And how do you know; perhaps the moment of Qiyamat [Resurrection] is close. And Allah is very forgiving, very merciful."[#361]
64,65,66) Surely, Allah has cursed the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb and prepared for them a blazing fire so they will abide therein eternally. They will not find any familiar who is protector nor a helper therein. The day when their faces will be turned in the fire, they will say: "If only we obeyed Allah and the messenger!".
67,68) And they will say: "O our Rabb! Indeed, we obeyed our chiefs and dignitaries so they led us astray from the path. O our Rabb! Give them two shares from the punishment and curse them/deprive them of Your mercy completely".
69) O you who have believed! Do not be like those who abused Moses. Then, Allah cleared him of what those who abused said. And he was a noble/honorable man in the sight of Allah.
70,71) O you who have believed! Enter under the guardianship of Allah and speak the words with proof. So Allah may amend your deeds for you and forgive your sins. Whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger will be saved with a great victory.
72) Surely, We spread the trust [unity, perfection, flawlessness] over the heavens/universe, the earth and the mountains but they denied to bear it/conceal it, make it unknown, disgrace it and they feared that the unity, perfection and flawlessness would be taken away, would be made unknown. And mankind bore it/concealed it, made it unknown, disgraced it [betrayed it]. Indeed, man is the one who does wrong; acts against his own good and is very ignorant.