1) O you who have believed! If you have come out to strive in My path and to obtain my acceptance, do not take as your familiars who help, guide, protect/make governors those who are enemies to Me and you, giving them love/concealing love for them while they consciously deny/disbelieve in that which comes to you from the truth. They drive you and the Messenger out of your lands because you believe in Allah Who is your Rabb. Yet, I am the One Who knows best that which you conceal and that which you disclose. And whoever does this among you, then he has certainly gone astray from the soundness of the path.
2) Should they seize you, they will become your enemies and they will extend their hands and tongues to you with evil. And they wish that you would "disbelieve; consciously deny/disbelieve in the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb".
3) Your relatives and children will never benefit you on the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection]. Allah will separate you. And Allah is the One Who sees best what you do.
4,5) There is definitely an excellent example for you in Abraham and those who were with him -except the saying of Abraham for his father: "I will certainly ask forgiveness for you. And I have no power against anything from Allah"-. When Abraham and those with him said to their people: "We are away from you and what you worship from among those that are inferior to Allah. We have denied you. And there has emerged an animosity and hatred between you and us forever until you believe in Allah alone. O our Rabb! We have relied only on You, turned to You. And to return is only to You. O our Rabb! Do not make us a tool of trial for the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Yourself and the fact that You are Rabb! Forgive us! O our Rabb! Surely, You are the most exalted, the most powerful, the most honorable, the invincible/the subduer, the best law maker, the One Who precludes corruption best/makes incorruptible!".
6) Indeed, there is an excellent example in them for you; those who hope for Allah and the day of Akhirat [Afterlife]. And whoever turns away, let him know that Allah is indeed the One Who is free of need, praiseworthy.
7) Perhaps, Allah will establish an affection between you and those to whom you have been enemies among them. Allah is the One Who is competent over everything. And Allah is the One Who forgives much, shows great mercy.
8) Allah does not forbid you from doing good, treating in justice and equity to those who do not fight you about religion and who do not drive you out of your lands. Indeed, Allah likes those who treat in justice and equity.
9) Allah only forbids you to make your protector, supervisor, governor those who fight you about the religion, drive you out of your lands and who help one another to drive you out. And whoever makes them protector, supervisor, governor, then it is those who do wrong; act against their own good.
10) O you who have believed! When believing women come to you as immigrants, question them right away. -Allah knows their faith better.- If you know that they are truly believing women, do not send them back to the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb. Immigrant believing women are not halal/permissible to them. And they are not halal/permissible to them either. Give their disbelieving ex-husbands what they have spent. And there is no sin upon you to marry them when you have given them their mehir [life insurance, honor wealth][#362]. Do not hold to marriage bonds with infidel women; those women who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb, ask what you have spent/the mehir [life insurance, honor wealth] back. And let them ask for what they have spent back as well. This is the judgment of Allah. It is He Who judges between you, Allah is the One Who knows very well, the One Who is the best law maker.
11) Should one of your wives goes from you to the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb and you retaliate, give those whose wives have left what they had spent. And enter under the guardianship of Allah whom you believe in.
12) O Prophet! If believing women come to you with pledge of loyalty, pledging that they will not associate others with Allah, and they will not steal, nor will they commit unlawful sexual intercourse, nor will they kill their children, nor will they bring forth a slander that they invent between their hands and their feet, nor will they disobey you about such matter that are acceptable for all/compliant with Wahy [Revelation], take their pledge of loyalty right away and ask Allah for forgiveness for them. Indeed, Allah is the One Who forgives much, shows great mercy.
13) O you who have believed! Do not make a people with whom Allah is not pleased your governor, supervisor. They have despaired of Akhirat [Afterlife] as the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb have despaired of the inhabitants of the grave.