2) These are the Ayat of the explicit book/the book which clarifies.
3) We recite to you/make you follow some of the important news of Moses and Pharaoh with truth for a people who will believe.
4) Surely, Pharaoh was exalted on the earth and divided the people under his rule into groups; he wanted to weaken one of these groups; he strangled their sons; he made them weak, unqualified by leaving them uneducated and covered their women with disgrace. Indeed, he was of the corrupters.
5,6) And We wanted to bestow favor to those who were oppressed on the earth, make them leaders, make them inheritors. And establish them on the earth strongly, and show Pharaoh, Haman and their soldiers that which they feared from them.
7) And We inspired to the mother of Moses: "Suckle him. If you fear for him, cast him in the river, do not fear and do not grieve. Surely, We will return him back to you and make him one of the messengers".
8) Then the family of Pharaoh picked him as a "finding" so he might become an enemy and grief for them. Indeed, Pharaoh, Haman and their soldiers were the ones who were doing wrong.
9) And the wife of Pharaoh said: "A comfort of the eye for me and you! Do not slay him; do not make Moses unqualified; uneducated, unemployed like other Israelite children, perhaps he may benefit us or we may adopt him". And they did not perceive.
10,11) And heart of the mother of Moses overnighted empty. -Had We not solidified her heart so she might be of the believers, she would almost have disclosed him.- And the mother of Moses said to the sister of Moses: "Track him down". She then watched him from a distance while they did not perceive.
12) And We had prevented from him wet nurses before. So his sister said: "Will I show you a family who will look after him and educate him, advise him for you?".
13) Thus We returned him to his mother so she might be content and not grieve and she would know that the promise of Allah is true. - But many of them do not know. -
14) And when Moses grew up to have his strength and was mature, We gave him judgement and knowledge. Thus We recompense those who do good.
15) And Moses entered the city at the time of inattention by the people of the city. Then he found two men, one from his side and one from the side of the enemy, who were trying to kill each other. Then the one who was from his side asked Moses for help against the enemy. Then, Moses punched the other and he died immediately. Moses said: "This is from the work of the satan, surely, He is a clear, misleading enemy".
16) Moses said: "My Rabb! I have been unjust to myself. So forgive me!" and Allah forgave him. He surely is the One Who is very forgiving, the One Who shows great mercy.
17) Moses said: "My Rabb! For that which You bestowed upon me as a favor, I will never assist the criminals again".
18) Then, Moses overnighted in the city, fearing and watching around. He marveled at once, the one who had asked him for help the day before was crying out for his help again. Moses said: "You truly are a transgressor!".
19) And when Moses wanted to seize the man who was an enemy to both of them, that man said: "O Moses! Do you intend to kill me as you killed someone yesterday? You truly want to be a tyrant on the earth but not a person who does amendatory deeds".
20) And a man came from the other side of the city, running. He said: "O Moses! Chiefs are conferring over you to kill you. Go immediately! I surely am of the advisors".
21) Then Moses left it, fearing, watching around. He said: "My Rabb! Save me from those people who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah!".
22) And when Moses headed to Midian, he said: "I hope that my Rabb will guide me to the sound path".
23) And when Moses arrived to the water of Midian, he found a people with a leader who were watering their flocks. And Moses found two women, who were not as strong as other people watering their flocks, and pulling their flock back. He said: "What is the matter with you?". They said: "We will not water our flock before the shepherds water their flocks and go; and our father is a very old man".
24) Then Moses watered their flock. Then he went to the shade and said: "My Rabb! I am definitely in need for whatever good you bestow upon me".
25) Then one of two women shyly came to Moses. She said: "Indeed my father invites you so that he may pay you for having watered". Moses came to her father and told him the story. Her father said: "Do not fear, you are safe from that people who did wrong; acted against their own good by associating others with Allah".
26) One of his two daughters said: "O my father! Hire him. He surely is the best and the most powerful and the most trustworthy of those who can be hired".
27) And father of the women said: "I wish to wed you with one of my two daughters on the condition that you work for me for eight years in which hajj [pilgrimage] is fulfilled. But if you complete it to ten, then it is from you; I would not wish to give you any difficulty. If Allah wills, you will find me from among the righteous".
28) Moses said: It is between you and me; whichever these two terms I complete, there will be no animosity/liability upon me. And Allah is the One Who implements by maintaining, supporting for what we have said.
29) When Moses completed the term and set out with his family/people close to him, he perceived a fire from the direction of the mountain. He said to his family: "Wait for me so that I may bring you a tiding; I have perceived a fire. Or I will bring a piece from that fire so you get warm".
30,31,32) And when he arrived there, he was called from a tree, from the right side of the valley that was located in that fertile piece of land: "O Moses! Indeed, I am Allah, Rabb of all universes! And bring forward your knowledge! - And when he saw his knowledge which moves like an invisible entity, he ran away. - O Moses! Come closer, do not fear. Indeed, you are of those who are safe. Engage the strength you have in your chest, you will definitely come out perfectly.[#180] Draw your wing to yourself from your sleeve. These are two evidences from your Rabb against Pharaoh and his men. Indeed they have become a people who have gone astray from the righteous path".
33,34) Moses said: "My Rabb! I surely have killed a person from among them, now I fear that they will kill me. Send my brother Aaron with me; he is better and more influential in speech than me. Therefore, send him with me as an assistant who would testify me. Indeed, I fear that they will deny me".
35) Allah said: "We will strengthen you with your brother and We will form a power, an authority for you both. Then they will not reach you because of Our evidences/signs. You both and those who follow you are the ones who are superior".
36) When Moses came to them with Our clear evidences/signs, they said: "This is nothing but invented influential knowledge. And we have not heard this from our ancestors".
37) Moses said: "My Rabb is the One Who knows better who has come with the guidance to the righteous path from Him and for whom will the end of the home be better. Indeed, those who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah will not reach the salvation".
38) Pharaoh said: "O chiefs! I have not known any other god for you than myself. O Haman! Set a fire on the clay for me now; produce bricks and build a tower for me so I may get information about the god of Moses. And surely, I believe with certainty that he is one of liars".
39) Pharaoh and his soldiers acted arrogantly on the earth without right and they indeed believed in that they would not be returned to Us.
40) We seized him and his soldiers and threw them in that large body of water/in the river. So see how is the end of those who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah!
41) And We made them leaders inviting to the fire. On the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection], they will not receive help.
42) And We made a curse, deprival of the mercy of Allah to follow them in this world. They will be among those who will be despised on the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection] as well.
43) And surely, We gave Moses the Book/the Torah as explicit proofs, guidance and mercy for the people after We had manipulated/destroyed the first generations so they might be reminded.
44) And when We fulfilled that command to Moses, you were not in the west side. You were not of those who were present, who saw.
45) We created many generations and their lives were prolonged. You were not among the people of Midian who recited Our Ayat to them; but We are senders of messengers.
46,47) And when We called, you were not beside the Mount Tur. Quite opposite, We revealed to you what happened there, We made you a messenger so you may warn a people, to whom no warner/prophet was sent before you, and as a sign of the mercy of your Rabb, as a reminder for them to receive, to prevent them from saying, "Our Rabb! If only You had sent us a prophet thus we could have followed your Ayat and become believers" when a disaster came upon them for what their own hands had done.
48) And when that truth came to them from Us, they said: "Why was he not given like that which; evidences, signs was given to Moses? Did they not deny, conceal what was given to Moses before? They said: "Two magic, two influential knowledge that backup; support each other". And they said: "We surely will not accept any".
49) Say: "If you are truthful, bring me a book from Allah that guides to the righteous more than the books that came to me and Moses, then I will follow it!".
50) If they do not respond to you despite this, then know that they only follow their desires. Who can be more astray [confused, fallen] than the one who follows his desires without a guidance from Allah? Surely, Allah does not guide a people who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Him.
51) And surely, We sent down the Word [the Wahy [Revelation]/the Qur'an] one after other so they may be reminded.
52) Those to whom we gave the Book before the Word [Wahy [Revelation]/the Qur'an] believe in the Word [Wahy [Revelation]/the Qur'an] as well.
53) And when the Word [Wahy [Revelation]/the Qur'an] was recited to them, they said: "We have believed in it. Surely, it is the truth sent by our Rabb. Indeed, we were those who were Muslims before it".
54) They will be given their reward twice for they have had patience. And they eliminate the evil with the good and they spend from that which We have provided them for the cause of Allah/provide sustenance first for their relatives and then others.
55) And when they hear vain talk, they keep away from it and say: "What we do is only for us and what you do is only for you. Salam [health, peace, happiness...] be upon you! We do not seek the ignorant".
56) Indeed, you can not guide whom you like to the righteous path; however, Allah guides whom He wills to the righteous path and He knows better who is able to accept the righteous path He is guided to.
57) And they said: "If we follow the guidance to the righteous path together with you, we will be driven out from our land". Have We not established them in a secure place/Mecca[#181], where fruits of all crops were harvested and brought to them as a provision from Us? But most of them do not know.
58) And We manipulated/destroyed many cities which were spoiled by their ways of living. Here are their places! Their dwellings which have not been inhabited except briefly after them. And it is We Who are the inheritors.
59) Your Rabb does not manipulate/destroy cities until He has sent a prophet to the mother city who recites Our Ayat to them. Besides, We would not manipulate/destroy the cities people of which are not those who do wrong; act against their own good by associating others with Allah.
60) And that which has been given to you is the earning of the worldly life and its adornment. What is with Allah is better and more lasting. Will you still not reason?
61) Then, is he whom We have promised a good promise and who has received what We promised, like one who is among those whom We have given worldly earnings and they will be gathered before Us/will be kept standing "at attention" in our presence on the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection]?
62) And on that day, Allah will call them and say: "Where are My partners that you believed in wrongly?
63) Those upon whom the Word will be fulfilled will say: Our Rabb! These are the ones whom we made transgress. We made them transgress just as we transgressed. We have been afar from you. They did not worship only us".
64) And it will be said: "Call your partners!" and they will call them. Then they will not respond to them and will see the punishment. - If only they had accepted the righteous path they were guided! -
65) And on that day, Allah will call them and say: "What did you answer the messengers who had been sent?
66) And on that day, all the important news will be in darkness to them; and they will not be able to ask each other.
67) But the one who has repented, believed and done amendatory deeds; he may hope to be among those who will reach the salvation.
68) And your Rabb forms that which He wills and chooses that which is better for them; but for them, there is no right to choose. Allah is purified from what they associate with Him and high above them.
69) And your Rabb knows that which they conceal in their chests and that which they disclose.
70) And He is Allah except Whom there is no deity[#182]. All praise, at the first and at the last, is to Him, the judgement is only His. And you will be returned only to Him.
71) Say: "Have you ever thought, if Allah made the night continuous till the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection], who is the deity other than Allah that could bring the light to you? Will you still not heed?
72) Say: "Have you ever thought, if Allah made the day continuous till the day of Qiyamat [Resurrection], who is the deity other than Allah that could bring the night to you in which you may rest? Will you still not see?
73) And out of mercy of Allah, He created the night and the day; so you may rest at night and during the day you may seek for what He has given in abundance, unreturned and repay for the blessings that were given to you.
74) And on that day, Allah will call them and say: "Where are My partners that you believed in wrongly?"
75) And when We will gather a witness from every people with a leader and say: "Here, bring your solid proof!". Then they will know that the truth belongs to Allah and what they have been inventing is lost from themselves.
76,77) Surely, Korah was among the people of Moses and transgressed against them. We gave him such treasures that its keys would definitely be heavy for a people of a strong men. Once his people said to him: "Do not exult! Allah surely does not like those who exult. And seek the home of Akhirat [Afterlife] through what Allah has given you. And do not forget your share from the world! And do good as Allah has done good to you. And do not desire corruption in the world. Indeed, Allah does not like the corrupters".
78) Korah said: "This wealth has been given to me because of a knowledge that I have". Did he not know that Allah had manipulated/destroyed of many generations before him those who were greater than him in power, who had more followers, more accumulation than him. - And these sinners will not be questioned for the sins of the others. -
79) Then Korah came out before his people in ornaments and glory. Those who desired the worldly life said: "If only we had like what was given to Korah! Surely, Korah is the owner of a great fortune".
80) And those who were given knowledge said: "Woe to you! For those who believe and do righteous deeds, the reward that Allah will give is better. And only those who have patience will be granted it".
81) And then We caused the earth to swallow him and his house. There was no company for him to help from among those that are inferior to Allah and he was not of those who were able to defend and save themselves.
82) And those who wished to be in his position yesterday overnighted and said: "O, so Allah extends provision for whomever He wills of His servants and restricts it. Had Allah not given us a bounty, He would have caused the earth to swallow us as well. So, the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb will not save themselves".
83) That home of Akhirat [Afterlife]! We will prepare it for those who do not seek corruption and arrogance on the earth. And the outcome is for those who have entered under the guardianship of Allah.
84) Whoever brings a good, there will be a better one for him/there will be a good for him because of it. And whoever brings an evil; those who commit evil will be recompensed only with that which they did.
85) Indeed, Allah Who imposed the Qur'an upon you, will definitely return you to the place of return. Say: "My Rabb is the One Who knows better who has come with the guidance to the righteous path and who is in an explicit astray".
86) And you were not expecting that the Book would be revealed/sent down to you. It has been given to you as a mercy from your Rabb. So, do not help the infidels; those who consciously deny the divinity of Allah and the fact that He is Rabb.
87) And never let those who associate others with Allah avert you from the Ayat of Allah after they have been revealed to you. And invite to your Rabb. And never be of those who associate others with Allah!
88,1) And do not invoke another deity with Allah. There is no deity except Him. Everything will be destroyed except His existence. Only to Him belong the judgment-principle. And you will be returned only to Him. Purified from all deficiencies is the One Who, by one night, made His servant walk from Masjid Al-Haram to Masjid Al-Aqsa[#183], a side of which We blessed, so We might show him of Our Ayat/evidences/signs. Indeed, He is the One Who hears best and sees best.